Monday, June 29, 2009

Debunked

It never rains in England.

What I mean to say, is that I've been in England for two days and it has yet to rain. In fact, it's been blisteringly hot. Hotter than home. So hot my bangs stick to my face most unappealingly and even shorts are uncomfortable to wear. Most of our rooms don't have air-conditioning, because they're old as fuck, so it gets kinda uncomfortable, but it's not so bad if you just let yourself wollow and lay as still as possible next to a window.

So there's one myth debunked.

Another fun fact? The English use the English language all. The. Time. Even when it's unnecessary, always in the classiest of ways. For instance, the nutrition label on the Diet Coke I had at lunch. They had the listed "fats", same as home. But instead of listing "saturated fats", there was a subheading under "fats" that read simply "of which saturated". See? Completely classy.

For fun, locals get drunk on the street and then jump off a bridge into the river Cam, or they get drunk on the street and watch people jump off a bridge into the river Cam. Cambridge is a drinking city, that's for sure - by three in the afternoon all of the benches are littered with empty beer and wine bottles.

I think I'm heading to the Lake District this weekend. I don't really know, but I'll be sure to keep you updated regardless.

The sun sets at 10:30 P.M. and rises at 4:45 A.M.

P. I. Staker

No comments:

Post a Comment